available as individual books, or a full resource pack
In this bilingual story, we follow a week of weather in Aotearoa. It’s raining in Auckland, windy in Wellington, cloudy in Taranaki, snowing in Wanaka and frosty in Wakatipu. Turn to the last page to see where the sun is shining every day of the week.
Simple sentence structures lead us through the days of the week, different kinds of weather and some local placenames.
Each resource pack includes:
- A big book for sharing
- 10 small book versions of the story, for guided and independent reading
- A set of flashcards featuring key words from the story, for vocabulary recognition
- A mini-book template of the story and illustrations, for students to take home and read with whānau
- Teachers’ notes for the story, including user-friendly assessment rubrics and ideas for second language learning activities
- A digital link containing an audio file and a digital file of the story, for the big screen