Nō hea ēnei kararehe?
available as individual books, or a full resource pack
This bilingual story introduces animals from different countries and continents of the world – including taniwha. The end of the story features a Māori proverb associated with the Tainui people, about a taniwha at each bend of the Waikato River.
Each resource pack includes:
- A big book for sharing
- 10 small book versions of the story, for guided and independent reading
- A set of flashcards featuring key words from the story, for vocabulary recognition
- A mini-book template of the story and illustrations, for students to take home and read with whānau
- Teachers’ notes for the story, including user-friendly assessment rubrics and ideas for second language learning activities
- A digital link containing an audio file and a digital file of the story, for the big screen